When adding a new drug to the website…
(1) We carry out in-depth analyses of controlled clinical DDI studies
- Review all probe substrate studies and results
- Understand key enzymes and transporters effected
- Review all published and unpublished data
(2) SmPC and USPI licenses
- We thoroughly review both the SmPC and USPI licenses.
- The licenses often interpret the data differently. When they do, our recommendation reflects the most cautious option, but we consider both and cite both in the recommendation.
(3) Development of DDI recommendations
- In order to do this we consider all of the available data and expert predictive pharmacokinetics
(4) Pre publication
- We thoroughly quality assure our content before publication
- This includes multiple checks for scientific, clinical and editorial quality
(5) Post publication
- Once content is published on the site, we carry out ongoing QA, ensuring recommendations are reflective of latest data.
What do we add that’s different from existing apps?
(1) Expert clinicians and pharmacologists
- Our DDI recommendations are reviewed and composed by expert clinicians and pharmacologists
(2) Clinical management advice and dose modifications
- We extrapolate beyond label information and offer clinical management advice and dose modifications where relevant.
(3) Our DDI recommendations provide comprehensive information, comprising:
- Pharmacokinetic (ADME)
- Pharmacodynamic (QT prolongation, haematological parameters etc.)
(4) FDA and EMA assessment
- We assess both FDA and EMA labels, in addition to published and unpublished data.
(5) Source references and details
- We include study details in our DDI recommendations, where applicable.
(6) We are available for FREE and without subscription